KEAM Entrance Exam
Grade XI & XII
What is KEAM?
KEAM examination is regulated by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala. This is the largest entrance examination in Kerala.
The exam is conducted annually to offer admission to interested candidates in BTech offered by various government and private colleges in the state of Kerala.
Candidates seeking admission to engineering degree courses in the state (which have been approved by the Government of Kerala) need to appear for KEAM.
However, while applying to architecture and medical degree programs, NATA and NEET test results are considered.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have completed their Class 12 education from a recognized board with a 50 percent aggregate of Chemistry, Physics, and core subjects combined, as well as a 50 percent score in Maths for architecture and engineering or biotechnology/biology for biotechnology/biology candidates (for medical and allied courses).
For participants to be eligible for the test, they must be 17 years old by December 31st.
KEAM – Exam Pattern
- Papers: The examination will be consisting of two papers, i.e. PAPER 1 (Physics & Chemistry) & PAPER 2 (Mathematics).
- Duration: The exam duration will be 2½ hours for each paper.
- Mode: The examination will be organized through offline mode.
- Type of Questions: In the examination, total 120 multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, four marks will be allotted to the candidates.
Tips from us to Prepare for KEAM
- Understand the exam pattern well.
- Revise your syllabi thoroughly.
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern for exam preparation.
- Don’t take stress and prepare calmly for your exams.
- Refer topics and books recommended by Knowledge Planet.
- Keep short notes handy for last minute revision.
- Gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus before starting to prepare for the exam.
- Practice mock test for a good result.
- Solve sample papers & previous years question papers.
- Stay fit and takes proper sleep during the exam preparations.
Our Latest Blog
Get your Child the
Knowledge Planet Advantage !