CBSE Class 12 board exams are considered very important in India. First, it marks the end of your high school. Besides, the results also have much significant importance in your life ahead. Well, your exam is about to start and you must be thinking of different ways to score high in the exam. Also, Cbse class 12 board exams play a major impact on your academic and professional life. This outcome will be something you have to live with for the rest of your life, and it will be applied to almost every role you choose. The above is everything we hear in our society.
In addition, we often think that there is a lot of time to prepare. But when the time comes we regret that wish we started early. So, instead of regretting plan your preparation with the important things about the CBSE class 12 board exams.
However, the CBSE class 12 board exams do play an important role in your life. There are certain things you need to take care of before starting your preparation. You need to be well structured and prepared for your CBSE class 12 board exams to score high in the exam.
In this blog, we will cover all the important things that need to be considered while preparing for the CBSE class 12 board exams.
Table of Contents
What is the CBSE Class 12 board exam?
Important Things About Cbse Class 12 Board Exam
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
What is the CBSE Class 12 board exams?
One of the most significant exams in a student's life is the board exam. As it marks the beginning of students competing for higher grades. Additionally, this represents their entry into the highly competitive world of education. Hence, according to parents as well as students the CBSE class 12 board exams play a very important role.
In addition, getting good marks in this exam is important due to the following reasons:
- This exam determines a student’s academic future. The results of the CBSE class 12 board exams are used by colleges and universities. This is to determine their eligibility for admission to undergraduate courses.
- Also, the results of the CBSE class 12 board exams are also used by employers to evaluate candidates’ academic qualifications. A good score in the CBSE class 12 board exams may help you secure your favorite job.
- This is an opportunity for the students to develop important skills. It includes skills such as time management, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Also, this exam will help you demonstrate your academic abilities and achieve your potential.
Important Things About Cbse Class 12 Board Exams
The CBSE class 12 board exams are a critical examination that has a significant impact on students’ academics. There are certain important things that we need to take care of before starting our preparation. Here are some of the important things to keep in mind:
The CBSE class 12 board exams are conducted in two parts. That are theory and practical exams. The first thing every student must do is get a complete understanding of knowledge of exam patterns and the CBSE class 12 syllabus. Also, if you are familiar with the exam pattern you will be one step ahead of others.
However, there are some major benefits of knowing the exam format of the CBSE class 12 board exams:
- First, it helps you become familiar with the format and structure of the exam. Also, it provides an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam, marks, and the overall duration of the exam.
- Second, it helps to make a preparation strategy. This may help in time management and focus on the areas that need improvement.
- Third, it helps to reduce stress and anxiety among students.
- Also, knowledge of the exam pattern can help you score higher in the CBSE class 12 board exams.
Creating A Plan Of Action:
The first step in starting your preparation is making a plan of action and strategy for your preparation. However, below given are some of the steps that will help you prepare a plan:
- Make a note of all the important topics asked in the previous year's papers.
- Now, mark these topics as the most important topic and give them more time in your schedule.
- Also, decide on an order for covering these topics one by one. Allot them a time span and deadline under which you can complete it.
- Try to complete your syllabus at least four months prior to your CBSE class 12 board exams.
- In addition, try to avoid irrelevant topics as they may waste your time for no benefit.
Ncert Books Are A Must:
The most important books throughout your preparation are the NCERT books. Ncert is preferred by the conducting body in making your exam pattern. It covers almost all the topics important for your CBSE class 12 board exams. If you ever seek referrals from your teacher or seniors they will surely refer you to the NCERT textbooks first.
- Reading is very important. Try to read every chapter properly. Don’t skip any line as every line in NCERT can be an important heading. Also, you can take help from side books like S.chand too. But make sure to keep the ncert as your primary book.
- Also, try to solve all the numerals and exercises in your ncert textbooks. The textbook exercises are of great importance from an exam point of view.
- In addition, don’t overload yourself with too many side books. Besides, try to select a book based on your senior's advice or reviews. Also, check by yourself if the explanation given in the book is easy to understand.
Solve Previous Year Papers And Mock Tests:
Solving previous years’ papers and mock tests is crucial for CBSE class 12 board exam preparation. However, below are some of the advantages of solving the previous year's papers for the CBSE class 12 exam.
- First, it will help you understand the exam pattern and the important topics for the CBSE class 12 board exams.
- Second, solving the previous year’s papers and mock tests can help student manage their time effectively. Also, this may help you complete your answer within a given time frame.
- In addition, the most important advantage is that it gives you confidence and reduces anxiety.
- Furthermore, solving mock tests will help you become familiar with the exam environment. Also, it will teach you how to solve problems.
Time Management Is Important:
Managing your time effectively plays a vital role in your preparation throughout. All of your efforts will be in vain if you don't learn how to manage your time. Most of the students start their preparation without proper time distribution as a result always stay back in the race. Besides, learn to manage your time effectively. Check out how much time it takes for you to solve a question. Try to finish your mock tests in three hours because that is how much time you will have for the exam. If you manage your time properly you will surely score high in the CBSE class 12 board exams.
Handwriting Plays A Important Role:
Most of us take handwriting for granted. But our handwriting affects our marks in various ways. Good handwriting is a very important aspect of your CBSE class 12 exam. Although, good handwriting draws the attention of the evaluator to your sheet. Also, the chances of scoring well increase with good handwriting.
Hence, make sure to maintain good handwriting on every paper of your exam. Underline important headings and use a black pen where necessary.
Use Diagrams Wherever Possible:
The evaluator of your exam is the key factor in getting good marks. Hence, it is important to maintain your answer sheet as clean as possible. Also, try to highlight important topics by underlining them. Also, draw diagrams wherever possible. Diagrams are a very important factor in securing good marks on your exam. As it catches the evaluator's attention and will impress them for sure.
Try To Avoid Distractions While Studying:
Nowadays in this digital world, most of us get easily distracted by the gadgets around us. During study having these around can be a great hindrance in your preparation. Also, the social media we use like Facebook, and Instagram deviate from our schedule. Try to stay away from these distractions while your study time. Besides, try to give them a separate and fix time.
Keep Yourself Motivated Throughout Your Preparation:
The most important thing that we often ignore is keeping ourselves healthy during our preparation. Try to give your health importance while your preparation as a healthy mind is the most important factor in scoring high in the exam.
In addition, try to maintain a proper time for rest and also remember to take a proper break in between your study schedule.
Also, keep yourself connected with the people around you. Try to talk, maintain a healthy conversation, and give proper time to yourself in addition to your preparation.
Overall, the CBSE class 12 board exam is a significant milestone for students. It impacts your academics, your confidence, and your professional future. To prepare for the exam, you must understand the exam format, syllabus, and other important things before starting with your preparation. It is essential for students to take this exam seriously, stay focused, and work hard to achieve their goals.
Also, by following the above important things you can score high in your CBSE class 12 board exam.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q1. What type of questions are there in the CBSE class 12 board exam?
Ans: The CBSE class 12 exam generally consists of subjective as well as objective-type questions. However, solving previous year's papers to get familiar with the exam pattern.
Q2. Which textbook to consider for the board exam preparation?
Ans: The NCERT textbook is the most important textbook. Try to keep it as your primary study material and also keep one side boos for reference.
Q3. Is the CBSE class 12 exam difficult?
Ans: The CBSE class 12 exam is a moderate-level difficult exam. However, the difficulty level depends on your preparation and hard work.